The goal of Fasiledes Preparatory School Student Support Services is to enable all students to maximize their potential and succeed in academics.The Fasiledes Preparatory School Student Support Services program is based on the concept that differentiation is achieved by the continual adjustment of an appropriately challenging learning program to match a student’s demonstrated level and pace of learning. This is achieved through Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), the Response to Intervention (RtI) model, and parent and student involvement. Through these programs and partnerships Fasiledes Preparatory School can and will meet the individual needs of our students.
- That all students can learn and want to learn.
- All students have a right to find their passions and reach their potential.
- The relationship between teacher and student has a significant impact on how well the student learns.
- All students need to know themselves as learners and know how to advocate for their learning.
- Teachers are responsible for creating a learning environment where all students are welcomed.
- In equal access to our curriculum and in providing students what they need to learn, when they need it, and how they need it.
- That a variety of strategies and specialist are necessary, in order to become more effective in assisting students and teachers.
- Planning for students whose primary language is other than English and for students with special needs requires flexibility and an open mind.